Coomathloukane, Caherdaniel, Co Kerry, V23 YC94
€295,000 - Asking Price For Sale by Private TreatyArrange a Viewing
- Farmhouse with elevated Views on 3.95 acres.
- House renovated in 2015
- Many original features.
- Number of outbuildings.
- Services: Water from spring well on land (north of public road), Septic tank, Oil fired central heating. Stove with back boiler. Electricity. Not wired for telephone (telephone connection in close proximity to house). SCC wireless broadband available in the area.
Tranquil situation and set on 3.95 acres (1.60 hectares). Patio area to the front of the house with southerly aspect towards Kenmare Bay. Overlooks the rocky shoreline called Cuas an Ghabhair (meaning Goats Cove). There is space immediate to the rear of the property with an old well which has the potential to be transformed into an attractive garden.
Internal area on two floors of about 807 sq.ft (75 sq.mts). Built in early 1900's and renovated by the current owner in 2015.
Also contained on the grounds are a number of old stone outbuildings and a hay barn. With renovation these would be ideal for use as a work-shop / artist studio / amenity area.
2.5 km to the deep water pier at Bunavalla. 5.8 km to Derrynane beach (blue flag) and Derrynane House & National Park. Caherdaniel Village is also 5.7 km away with Blind Piper Bar/Restaurant & Church. Mountain walks , Kerry way, horse riding, water sports all within close proximity. Situated in Kerry's gold tier Dark Sky Reserve. 10km of Waterville village with it's shops, restaurants and 2 golf courses.
- Ground Floor
- 4.80m x 4.00m (15'9" x 13'1")
- Southerly facing entrance door and window taking advantage of the sea views. Spacious open plan floor space with the focal point being the recessed cast iron stove with back boiler. The room features an exposed natural stone wall, painted timber panelling, wooden ceiling with original beams adding to the atmospheric feel of the room. Original stairs made from driftwood to first floor.
- 4.00m x 2.50m (13'1" x 8'2")
- Window to southerly aspect and sea views. Open fireplace.
- 4.50m x 2.30m (14'9" x 7'7")
- Country style kitchen with old style dresser. Stainless steel cooker hood. "Ariston" 4 gas ring hob with skillet. "Firenzi" grill and oven. Stainless steel sink. Worktop with shelving underneath. Plumbed for washing machine. Painted timber ceiling. Laminated flooring.
- 1.21m x 1.10m (4' x 3'7")
- W.c. and w.h.b.
- First Floor
- Bedroom 1
- 4.00m x 2.60m (13'1" x 8'6")
- Window to west and south with sea views. Skylight to north. Tongue & groove ceiling, timber flooring.
- Bedroom 2
- 4.00m x 2.50m (13'1" x 8'2")
- 2 windows to east with countryside views. 1 southerly facing window with sea views. Tongue & groove ceiling. Timber flooring.
- 2.20m x 1.70m (7'3" x 5'7")
- Window with sea view to the south. Bath, w.c. and w.h.b. shelving. Electric shower over bath. Timber flooring.
- Lean to shed attached to eastern gable: 4.00m x 2.80m . Used for fuel storage.Old Hay Barn: 9.00m x 4.50mDetached Stone out-building: 7.30m x 3.65m An old stone dwelling house dating from the 1800s. Has mains electricity.
Energy Performance Indicator: 357.48
Leave Caherdaniel in the direction of Waterville. After 4.8 km turn left (just before the Scarriff Inn). Continue for 1.15 km keeping right (straight ahead at junctions). Access road to the property will be on your left hand-side.