Derrynane Beg, Caherdaniel, Co Kerry, V23 TW14
€290,000 - Asking Price For Sale by Private TreatyArrange a Viewing
- Tranquil location with mature trees
- Elevated views over Derrynane Bay, Kenmare Bay and it's surrounding mountains
- Charming Irish cottage with many original features,
- Tongued and grooved latch doors.Tongued and grooved timber ceiling with original beams. Parquet flooring.
- Water filled electric heaters
- Septic tank
- Water supply from mountain stream (1km to the north) (unregistered)
- SCC wireless broadband available in area
Tranquil situation and set on 1.21 acres (0.49 hectares). The immediate area around the house consists of mature grounds with a lawn and shrubs. Patio area with southerly aspect, from which you can appreciate the beauty of Derrynane.
Internal area of about 1,012 sq.ft (94 sq.mts). Built in late 1800's and renovated by the current owner in 1990 . The decoration of the house is in keeping with a Irish country cottage.
3.0 km to Derrynane beach (blue flag) and Derrynane House & National Park. Caherdaniel Village is 2.5km away with Blind Piper Bar/Restaurant & Church. Mountain walks , Kerry way, horse riding, water sports all within close proximity. Situated in Kerry's gold tier Dark Sky Reserve. 11km of Waterville village with it's shops, restaurants and 2 golf courses.
- Ground Floor
- Kitchen Dining area
- 3.80m x 3.00m (12'6" x 9'10")
- Tastefully designed country style kitchen with picturesque views of Derrynane Bay and Lambs Head. Parquet flooring and timber ceiling. Belfast sink with cupboard under. Timber worktop. Pitch pine shelving over worktop area.
- Living Room
- 4.60m x 3.80m (15'1" x 12'6")
- Bay area with glass front door leading to a large patio area which overlooks the Long Beach and sand dunes in Derrynane. This room features beautiful parquet flooring, tongued and grooved timber ceiling with original beams and soft wall lighting. A feature of this room is the large solid fuel stove and exposed stone surround. Pitch pine recessed bookshelves. Cupboards and shelving under stairs. Carpeted stairs leading to first floor.
- 2.30m x 2.30m (7'7" x 7'7")
- Bath, electric shower (Electrolux) , w.h.b., and w.c. Attractive tiling. Electric towel rail. T&G ceiling with beams. Recessed shelves. Parquet flooring.
- Utility Room
- 3.60m x 2.30m (11'10" x 7'7")
- Window and door to patio at front. Plumbed for washing machine and dryer. Concrete flooring.
- First Floor
- Bedrooom 1
- 5.20m x 3.70m (17'1" x 12'2")
- 2 windows with panoramic southerly views of Derrynane Bay, Lambs Head and Long Beach. Painted timber panelling on section of wall. Carpet flooring. Bedroom 1 leads into Bedroom 2.
- Bedroom 2
- 3.70m x 3.00m (12'2" x 9'10")
- Window with sea views to the west with panoramic views of Derrynane Bay, Lambs Head and Long Beach. Carpet flooring.
- Bedroom 3
- 3.70m x 2.50m (12'2" x 8'2")
- Window with sea views to the south with panoramic views of Derrynane Bay, Lambs Head and Long Beach. Carpet flooring.
Energy Performance Indicator: 485.41
EIRCODE: V23 TW14. Leave Kenmare in the direction of Waterville. Continue for 46 km (passing through the villages of Sneem and Castlecove). On coming to Caherdaniel Village, continue straight on in the direction of Waterville. After 2.5 km take the road to your left the take the 2nd turing to the left and continue for 200 meters. The property will be at the end of the road on your right. Viewing strictly by appointment only