Ardnehue, Bennekerry, Carlow, R93 V9V2
€247,500 - Asking Price For Sale by Private TreatyArrange a Viewing
- Mains water
- Private sewage
- Oil fired central heating
- Triple/double glazing
- Large attic cavity
- Extensive one-acre South facing site
Commanding its original one-acre site, perfectly South-facing, with mature boundaries and 48m of road frontage, complete with two vehicular access points, its scale presents endless possibilities.
The residence was extended to its rear in 2016 with a single storey, granite clad structure under an A roof, while the original cottage was returned to its original stone exterior. Triple glazing, modern heating and clever use of glazing transformed the residence, while retaining many of the original features.
Provision was made for a third bedroom on the ground floor, while a large rear attic presents further options. A generous 20m.sq. workshop, located to the rear completes the holding.
Viewings are highly recommended and invited on a strictly appointment basis.
- Entrance Hall
- 1.14m x 1.08m (3'9" x 3'7")
- uPVC composite hall door. Ceramic tiled floor. Fuse boards. Doors to sitting room & kitchen.
- Sitting Room
- 3.66m x 3.47m (12'0" x 11'5")
- Traditional cottage sitting room to front. Curtains & pelmet. Solid fuel fireplace. Traditional stair access to upper floor. Door to rear inner hall.
- Inner Hall
- 2.62m x 1.73m (8'7" x 5'8")
- Hot-press with sliding door arrangement. Alarm control panel. Glass panelled door to dining/living area. Solid oak timber floor. Glass brick feature to rear. Bathroom off.
- Window to side, timber blinds. Ceramic tiled floor. Part tiled walls with feature paper. Toilet, sink, shower cubicle. Triton T90z electric shower.
- Dining Room
- 5.76m x 2.88m (18'11" x 9'5")
- Triple windows to side, timber blinds. Large sliding patio doors to rear, blinds. Solid oak timber floor. Open arch to family Room. Open arch to Kitchen at front.
- Family Room
- 3.57m x 3.08m (11'9" x 10'1")
- Window to rear. Curtains, pole & blinds. Solid oak timber floor. Open arch from Dining Room.
- 3.55m x 2.51m (11'8" x 8'3")
- Located in original cottage. Window to front, curtains. Traditional fireplace. Drawer arrangement in alcove. Fitted floor & wall units. Door to hall.
- Bedroom 1
- 3.63m x 3.11m (11'11" x 10'2")
- Double room, gable window to side. Curtains, pole & blinds. Laminate timber floor. Recess for storage.
- Bedroom 2
- 3.45m x 2.78m (11'4" x 9'1")
- Gable window to side. Curtains & carpet. Attic access hatch.
- Prefabricated concrete slab structure. Concrete floor. Double doors to twin uPVC windows. Power & work bench. Solid fuel micro stove.
Energy Performance Indicator: 367.38 kWh/m²/yr
From Carlow town, exit O'Brien Road via the Hacketstown Road roundabout. Proceed 6km on the R726 (Hacketstown Road). This residence is located on the right hand side (3km beyond Bennekerry Cross and 2.8km before Killerig Cross).