Derreenrickard CottageOctober 5, 2017
Derreenrickard Cottage is a charming, stone fronted residence on some 7.68 hectares (19 Acres) of the most wonderful gardens on the Ring of Kerry. Stunning views of Kenmare Bay and Knockatee mountain are enjoyed from the house and the magical gardens. Please see video below.
Just some of the special features
- Views over Kenmare Bay and Knockatee mountain
- Breathtaking gardens
- Stone fronted residence of approximately 144 sq m /1550 sq ft
- Located on the beautiful Ring of Kerry
- Charming cottage, refurbished and extended in 1996
- Award winning gardens
- Bay window in the living room takes full advantage of this wonderful garden and views of Kenmare Bay
- Private and tranquil location
- The front of the house and garden is south facing so enjoys wonderful views.
The house comprises of a stone entrance hall with a guest shower room, a study with a gas fire, large living room with beams and an open stone fire, a bay window which overlooks the captivating gardens and views of Kenmare bay.
The kitchen/dining room also has wonderful views of the gardens and Kenmare bay. A half door leads from the kitchen to the outside patio. Upstairs has two bedrooms and one bathroom. The bedrooms also take advantage of the wonderful views.
Garden: A large selection of around 30 varieties of Rhododendrons and 40 varieties of Camellias, A variety of Magnolias, Azaleas, with flowers even druing Christmas, make this a year round garden. In 2006 the owner won the Viking Irish Garden Awards for the Gardens at Derreenrickard Cottage, Judged by renowned gardening expert Gerry Daly.
There are several patios around the house to enjoy the sunshine and view.