Arcadia, Derrynane Beg, Caherdaniel, Co Kerry, V23 W935
€575,000 - Asking Price For Sale by Private TreatyArrange a Viewing
- Detached architecturally designed residence
- Elevated views over Derrynane Bay, Kenmare Bay and it's surrounding mountains
- Colourful and mature terraced garden.
- Water supply via bored well (located in neighbouring folio - wayleave in place)
- Sewerage by bio-cycle
- Gas central heating
- Telephone connection
- Burglar alarm system
- Wireless broadband (provider currently 3, SCC broadband wireless broadband also in the area)
- Carpets, curtains and blinds included
Set on 0.84 acres ( 0.34 hectares) the terraced grounds blend into the natural setting and are landscaped with a wide variety of colourful shrubs bordering the lawned areas. From the patio, you can appreciate the beauty of Derrynane.
The internal area is approximately 2,050 sq.ft. (190.50 sq.mts). This truly unique house was designed by architect Steve White and built in 2003 to the highest standards using top quality materials.
3.0 km to Derrynane beach (blue flag) and Derrynane House & National Park. Caherdaniel Village is 2.5km away with Blind Piper Bar/Restaurant & Church. Mountain walks , Kerry way, horse riding, water sports all within close proximity. Situated in Kerry's gold tier Dark Sky Reserve. 11km of Waterville village with it's shops, restaurants and 2 golf courses.
A rare opportunity to acquire a luxurious modern and spacious property in the scenic Derrynane area.
- Ground floor
- Note: Due to the irregular shape of the rooms, the dimensions qoute are approximate.
- Entrance hall
- 4.10m x 3.39m (13'5" x 11'1")
- Main entrance door with side lighting. Oak flooring. Oak stairs to first floor. Stain glass interior wall guides you towards the livingroom. Fitted wall light.
- Living / dining area
- 6.30m x 4.80m (20'8" x 15'9")
- This spacious room is filled with natural light. The large windows making the most of the elevated southerly views over Derrynane Bay, Kenmare Bay and the surrounding mountains. Two sets of Cedar wood French doors lead out to patio areas which possess southerly and easterly aspects of the beautiful views and terraced garden. The room features oak flooring, a solid fuel fireplace, a marble hearth and a custom made bronze seaweed sculpture swirl positioned over the fireplace. The accompanying 19 (5.7m) high ceiling and chandelier are complimented by recessed lighting and internal stained glass windows.
- 4.14m x 3.45m (13'7" x 11'4")
- A modern maple fitted kitchen with granite worktop and ample storage space including swivelling corner cupboards, a double layer cutlery drawer and a spice rack. Black lacquer display cabinet with interior lighting. This area has an abundance of recessed lights and power outlets. The sink is stainless steel with a granite draining board. "Miele" appliances are installed throughout including oven, microwave/ combination fan over, 4 gas ring hob and 2 electric ring hob, cooker-hood and dishwasher. Amtico flooring. There is a step up from kitchen to living/dining area and shares the same spectacular views.
- 4.67m x 1.71m (15'4" x 5'7")
- Hallway brings you from the main living spaces to the 3 bedrooms. Oak flooring. Fitted wall light and recessed lighting.
- Master bedroom
- 4.59m x 4.42m (15'1" x 14'6")
- Lofted ceiling with attractive chandelier light. Cedar door to southern patio and curved window with garden view. Decorative wallpaper feature at back wall. Fitted mirrior.Walk-in wardrobe/dressing area: 2m x 1.9m. Situated off the main bedroom and is a separate dressing room with a range of hanging cupboards and shelves. Oak flooring. Recessed lighting.
- En-suite master bedroom
- 3.77m x 2.45m (12'4" x 8'0")
- A luxurious bathroom with "Villeroy" and "Boch" sunken bath, bidet, WC. Walnut panelling around bath. Large shower with shower lux glass doors, mosaic tiling. Stained glass window. Beautiful walnut vanity unit with fired earth basin and large walnut mirror over. Tiled flooring.
- Bedroom 2
- 3.99m x 3.96m (13'1" x 13')
- South facing window overlooking garden and Derrynane Bay. Recessed lighting with dimmer switch. Oak flooring. Fitted mirrior.
- Bedroom 3
- 4.47m x 3.09m (14'8" x 10'2")
- 2 windows with westerly and easterly aspect. Oak flooring. Recessed lighting with dimmer switch. Fitted mirrior.
- 2.15m x 2.13m (7'1" x 7')
- Shower with large glass doors. WC, WHB with built-in unit with mirror and over light. Tiled floor.
- Utility Room
- 4.21m x 1.71m (13'10" x 5'7")
- Exterior cedar door. Controls for heating and hot water systems. Hot water tank in cupboard. Belfast sink with painted presses and storage cupboards. Wooden draining board. Ample hanging space. Washing machine, dryer and freezer. Telephone socket. Tiled flooring.
- 1.58m x 1.40m (5'2" x 4'7")
- Situated off entrance hall. W.C, WHB, with mirror and over light. Tiled floor.
- First floor
- Mezzanine / gallery
- 5.92m x 4.86m (19'5" x 15'11")
- Lofted open space overlooking the living room area. A perfect place to relax and unwind. Elevated views of Derrynane Bay and surrounding countryside. Beige wool carpet. Custom made oak bookshelves. Work station area served with telephone points, power point and cabling.
- Recreational area / storage space
- 9.83m x 6.10m (32'3" x 20'0")
- Recreational area/storage area with shower room: Circular stained glass window. Book shelf. Beige wool carpet. Large storage cupboards. Shower room 2.90m x 2.05m: Shower, WC, WHB and mirror with over light. Tiled floor.
- 7.00m x 4.00m (23' x 13'1")
- Stone faced detached garage recessed into the landscape. Large remote controlled garage door. Storage heater , lighting and power points.
Energy Performance Indicator: 188.85
EIRCODE: V23 W935. Leave Kenmare in the direction of Waterville. Continue for 46 km (passing through the villages of Sneem and Castlecove). On coming to Caherdaniel Village, continue straight on in the direction of Waterville. After 2.5 km take the road to your left and continue for 200 meters. The property will be on your right. Viewing strictly by appointment only