Kilgortaree House, Kilgortaree, Kenmare, Co.Kerry, V93 D421
€275,000 - Asking Price For Sale by Private TreatyArrange a Viewing
- Set on 41 Acres
- Farmhouse and Coach house dates back to the early 1800's
- Views of Roughty Valley
- Set along the River Roughty
- Gas central heating
- Septic tank
- Source of water is from a spring
- Premium of €4500 per annum
Kilgortaree House and coach house dates back to the early 1800's. The coach house was used to rest and feed horses on the busy original route between Kilgarvan and Kenmare.
The property was a working farm but in 2011 some of the land was planted with a mixture of oak, Ash, Beech and Alder. The remainder of the land is part of the mature woodland of Kilgortaree.
There is a premium of €4500 per annum available on the native tree planted in 2011.
There is also an option to purchase an additional 78 acres of forestry which was planted in 1993. Planted within this land is Sika Spruce, Sycamore, Oak, Birch, Ash and Lodge pole pine. There are no grants being paid on this land.
The house is 1236 sq ft (114 sqm) and consist of Kitchen, living room, conservatory, Bathroom and utility. on the first floor there are 2 double bedrooms and a single bedroom.
The coach house of 635 sq ft (50 sqm) is a beautifully feature with it natural cut stone. In addition to this there is a small outbuilding, a slatted cow shed of 117 sqm and cow shed 117 sqm ( please note the roof of both is made up of asbestos)
The Roughty River famous for its Salmon fishing (licensed required to fish) bounds the nothern boundary. The river runs for approximately 250 meters along the land.
The property is 7km from the heritage town of Kenmare.
Kilgortraee House is truly one of a kind and is a dream home for the nature lover.
- Ground Floor
- Entrance Hall
- Living Room
- Cosy living room with views of garden. Large wood burning stove. Stairs to first floor.
- Fitted solid Kitchen, "Siemens" oven and gas hob. "Sharp" dishwasher, "whirlpool fridge freezer
- Captures the morning and afternoon sun.
- W.c., w.h.b, bidet, Bath. Storage for water tank. "Sharp" washing machine.
- First Floor
- Bedroom 1
- Bright spacious Twin bedroom.
- Bedroom 2
- Double Bedroom with slide robe wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3
- Small single bedroom/office
- Coach House
- The coach was once a place of rest for horses along a busy commercial route. Now split into three units for storage but could be integrated with the main house to create extra living space. approx 535 sq.ft (50 sqm).
- Out Building 1
- 4.50m x 4.20m (14'9" x 13'9")
- Natural stone on 2 sides, corrugated roof. Ideal for storage. Approx. 18.9 sqm
- Outbuilding 2
- 4.50m x 4.20m (14'9" x 13'9")
- Located to the rear of the property a beautiful old stone building in need of some repair. The holding tank for the water is located along side this building. Approx. 18.9 sqm
- Slatted Shed
- 19.00m x 6.20m (62'4" x 20'4")
- This unit was previously used for feeding animals. Please note the roof of this building is made of asbestos and is need of repair. approx 117 sqm
- Cow Shed
- 25.00m x 4.70m (82'0" x 15'5")
- Dome shape building. Previously used for housing animals. Please note the roof of this building is made of asbestos and is need of repair. Approc (117 sqm)
- Additional Forestry
- 78 Acres
- This land is located to the southern side of the road. The 78 acres is made up of Sitka Spruce (c.54 acres) which has a commercial value, Sycamore (c.7.5 acres), Lodge ole Pine (c.7.5 acres), Birch (c.6.25 acres), Ash (c.2.5 acres).
Energy Performance Indicator: 63.52
From Kenmare: Take the road to Kilgarvan after 2.5 km take the right turn (sign posted Sheen Falls hotel). Continue on this road for 0.5 Km and take a left turn (signposted priest Leap). Stay on this road for 3.4 km and you will come to a wooded area (sign concealed entrance) take the next sharp left turn and Kilgortaree House is 0.4 km on this road on the right.