Liss House, Liss, Castlecove, Co Kerry, V93 W5Y6
€255,000 - Asking Price For Sale by Private TreatyArrange a Viewing
- Detached 3 bedroom period residence.
- Many original features retained. Antique internal doors, high ceilings with covings & cornicing, cast iron gates.
- Views of Kenmare Bay and the surrounding mountains and countryside.
- On 1.16 acres (0.47 ha) with mature grounds
- Public water supply
- Sewerage by septic tank
- Oil central heating
- Telephone connection
- Wireless broadband (SCC broadband wireless broadband also in the area)
- Carpets, curtains and blinds included
The internal area is approximately 2,228 sq.ft. (207 sq.mts). Accommodation: GF: Living room, dining area, kitchen, drawing room, library, utility room. FF: 3 bedrooms & a bathroom.
Entering the property through cast iron gates, the driveway is flanked by impressive trees and a garden filled with mature shrubs. House is framed by two monkey puzzle trees. Paddock field to the south. Ruins of old stone residence and outbuildings to the rear of house. Two covered stone outbuildings.
Within 1km of the village of Castlecove (shop, bar, cafe, church). 1.5km to the deep water moorings at West Cove and the sandy beach at White Strand. 4km to the historical Staigue stone fort (built around 300 AD). 5km to Carroll's Cove beach. 7km to Caherdaniel village. 10km to Derrynane House and beach. Mountain walks , Kerry way, horse riding, water sports all within close proximity. Situated in Kerry's gold tier Dark Sky Reserve.
Liss House is thought to have been constructed in the 1820's by David Jermyn and was occupied by members of the Jermyn family up to 1885. Thereafter it was occupied by 4 generations of Galvin family before coming into the possession of the current line of owners.
Liss House is not a protected structure nor listed building.
- Ground Floor
- 2.11m x 1.61m (6'11" x 5'3")
- Natural stone flagstones. Double doors leading to hall.
- 8.06m x 1.81m (26'5" x 5'11")
- Stairway leading to first floor with original balusters. Tiled floor.
- Living room
- 5.90m x 3.95m (19'4" x 13')
- The room has views of Kenmare Bay & Caha Mountains and looks out on to the garden. The large windows fill the room with natural light. Open fireplace. Carpet flooring. TV & telephone points.
- Drawing room
- 3.91m x 3.87m (12'10" x 12'8")
- Large window with views of the garden. Dark wood panelling on 2 walls. Cast iron fire place with wood surround and granite heath. Carpet flooring.
- 5.47m x 3.51m (17'11" x 11'6")
- French doors with views to garden. Fitted timber book shelves. Timber panel ceiling. Carpet flooring.
- 3.92m x 2.85m (12'10" x 9'4")
- Fitted kitchen with stainless steel sink. 5 ring electric hob & 4 ring gas hob. Electric double oven. Plumbed for dishwasher. Recessed lighting. Tiled floor.
- Dining area
- 3.55m x 2.87m (11'8" x 9'5")
- French doors open to the south with views of Kenmare Bay & Caha Mountains. Recessed lighting. Tiled floor.
- Utility room
- 3.44m x 2.36m (11'3" x 7'9")
- Door to back garden. Shelving. Plumbed for washing machine. Oil boiler. Incorporating toilet with WC, WHB, with tiled floor.
- First Floor
- Bedroom 1
- 4.13m x 3.90m (13'7" x 12'10")
- Two large windows with views of Kenmare Bay & Caha Mountains and also looks out over the garden. Tongue and grooved timber ceiling. Carpet flooring.
- Bedroom 2
- 4.11m x 3.94m (13'6" x 12'11")
- Westerly and northerly facing windows with views over the garden and mountains. Carpet flooring.
- Bedroom 3
- 3.93m x 2.78m (12'11" x 9'1")
- Easterly and north facing windows. Fitted shelving and fitted wardrobe. Carpet flooring.
- 3.97m x 2.88m (13'0" x 9'5")
- Southerly facing window with views of Kenmare Bay and Caha Mountains. Large corner shower with massage jets and glass door. WC, WHB. Hot-press with insulated hot water tank. Laminated flooring.
- To the north of the house are 2 stone outbuildings used for storage.
Energy Performance Indicator: 368.83
Eircode: V93 W5Y6. Leave Kenmare in the direction of Waterville. After 27km you will come to the village of Sneem. Continue for another 14.4km until you come to the village of Castlecove. Take the first right hand turn after the church at Castlecove (sign for Staigue Fort at the junction). Continue for 1km, you will come to a junction. The entrance to the house will be on your right.