Carraig Ard, Carrownamaddy, Burt, Co Donegal, F93 W7T3
€950,000 - Asking Price For Sale by Private TreatyArrange a Viewing
- Constructed in 2006, completed in 2013.
- Minimalist and open plan design.
- Indoor heated swimming pool.
- Elegant reception rooms.
- Views of Lough Swilly, Inch Island.
- Integrated fire alarm system.
- Garage with electric door.
- Wired for powered Velux window blinds.
- Wired for electric entrance gates.
- Geothermal air exchange underfloor central heating system, which substantially lowers running costs. Plus secondary Oil fired system.
- Beam Master central vacuum system.
- Alarm, CCTV security system and lighting.
- Broadband Internet.
- Septic tank.
- Mains water.
- Accessed via a gated, landscaped driveway.
- Detached garage.
- Set on 2.54 Acres with uninterrupted views.
- Potential for two additional dwellings (expired grant of planning reference 11/70008).
Carraig Ard is an architect designed, contemporary residence of expansive proportions and finished to exacting standards. Constructed in 2006 but finished in 2013, this six bedroom family home is set on 1.03 Ha (2.54 Acres). Carraig Ard extends to 570 sq m (6,135 sq ft) of flexible living space which includes an indoor swimming pool and stunning views overlooking An Grianan Valley, Inch Island and Lough Swilly.
For Sale by Private Treaty
Burt is a well sought-after location and incredibly convenient at only 8km from Derry City, 21km from City of Derry Airport and 25km from Letterkenny.
The property stands below Grianan of Aileach, a stone fort dating back to the 12th Century, with Burt Castle and Inch Wildlife Reserve nearby. Numerous prestigious Golf Clubs, including the two championship golf courses at Ballyliffin are also close at hand. Sailing on scenic Lough Swilly with its glorious sandy beaches, hiking and mountaineering are also available all year round. Shopping, cafes, bars and restaurants are within easy reach. The proximity to Derry City is a huge bonus to this stunning house.
- Ground Floor
- Entrance Foyer
- 3.05m x 2.88m (10'0" x 9'5")
- Double height glazed panel door with roller blinds. Uplighters and centre ceiling drop lights. Feature balcony from first floor. Slate tile flooring.
- 8.16m x 1.10m (26'9" x 3'7")
- Solid light Oak flooring, ceiling spotlights.
- The atrium (currently used as a music room)
- 5.32m x 3.58m (17'5" x 11'9")
- Split level. Lounge area with double doors to external patio area. Double height ceiling with superb double aspect views.
- Kitchen / Dining / Breakfast area
- 7.78m x 5.37m (25'6" x 17'7")
- with slate tile flooring, fully fitted bespoke designed kitchen with wall and base units, Belfast sink and integrated eye level Bosch oven and warming drawer and Samsung fridge freezer. Centre island with Bosch four ring induction hob, Miele Teppanyaki electric grill, Electrolux extractor fan, Bosch dishwasher. Integrated bin, polished granite countertop. Sliding door to patio.
- Breakfast area
- 2.85m x 1.81m (9'4" x 5'11")
- with slate tile flooring. Door to enclosed patio area with view overlooking An Grianan Valley and Lough Swilly.
- Double width Hallway
- 7.72m x 1.98m (25'4" x 6'6")
- Solid light Oak flooring, spiral staircase to gallery.
- 6.62m x 4.96m (21'9" x 16'3")
- with solid light oak flooring. Triple aspect room. Floor to ceiling windows on all sides, Italian stone fireplace with a real flame gas fire, gallery above. View overlooking An Grianan Valley. Ceiling spotlights.
- Cloak room
- 1.97m x 1.06m (6'6" x 3'6")
- WC and WHB
- 2.13m x 1.21m (7' x 4')
- Tiled floor, built in bookcase and storage units, wc and whb.
- Bedroom / TV room
- 4.04m x 3.26m (13'3" x 10'8")
- Carpet flooring, ceiling spotlights.
- 5.23m x 3.58m (17'2" x 11'9")
- 1.71m x 0.56m (5'7" x 1'10")
- Carpet flooring, built in sliding wardrobes, tv point.
- En-Suite Shower Room
- 2.75m x 1.78m (9'0" x 5'10")
- Large corner shower, towel heater, shaver's light, wc and whb, Vitra" sanitary ware, tiled floors with half tiled walls.
- First Floor
- 8.56m x 2.63m (28'1" x 8'8")
- Solid timber floor, overlooking Entrance Foyer and Atrium.
- Master Suite
- 5.26m x 5.19m (17'3" x 17'0")
- Double aspect, patio door with Juliet balcony, carpet flooring, ceiling lights.
- En-Suite Wet Room
- 3.22m x 2.45m (10'7" x 8'0")
- Fully tiled walls and flooring, towel radiator, his and her wash hand basins, WC and rain shower.
- Walk in Dressing Room
- 2.46m x 2.03m (8'1" x 6'8")
- Solid timber flooring. Bespoke built in solid wood shelving, hanging and drawer space.
- 2.41m x 2.25m (7'11" x 7'5")
- Partly tiled walls and floor, WC, WHB, bath with tiled shelf area, overhead shower, towel radiator.
- Study / Bedroom
- 3.67m x 3.38m (12'0" x 11'1")
- with carpet flooring, double doors with Juliet balcony.
- 3.96m x 3.37m (13' x 11'1")
- with carpet flooring.
- En-Suite Shower Room
- 2.76m x 1.76m (9'1" x 5'9")
- WC, WHB, corner shower, partly tiled walls and floor, towel radiator.
- Library / Study
- 3.08m x 3.01m (10'1" x 9'11")
- Secret door to gallery.
- Linen Closet
- 1.23m x 0.83m (4'0" x 2'9")
- Lobby to Gallery
- 3.39m x 1.55m (11'1" x 5'1")
- with timber flooring, spiral staircase to ground lobby.
- 6.31m x 3.00m (20'8" x 9'10")
- Timber flooring, overlooking lounge and towards An Grianan Valley, Lough Swilly and Inch Island.
- Lower Ground Floor
- Swimming Pool Hall
- 10.68m x 9.16m (35'0" x 30'1")
- heated swimming pool 8.30m x 3.60m with a depth of 1.40m. Two wall mounted dehumidifiers, wall lights and heated towel rail.
- 7.30m x 0.92m (23'11" x 3'0")
- 2.44m x 2.31m (8'0" x 7'7")
- Changing Room with walk in' shower
- 3.26m x 2.55m (10'8" x 8'4")
- Separate WC and WHB
- 1.62m x 1.25m (5'4" x 4'1")
- Utility Room / Laundry Room
- 8.56m x 1.88m (28'1" x 6'2")
- Exterior Door to ground floor patio area. Fitted base units. Plumbed for washing machine. Double stainless steel sink and drainer.
- Boiler room
- 4.27m x 3.33m (14'0" x 10'11")
- Under stair cupboard
- 1.56m x 1.11m (5'1" x 3'8")
Energy Performance Indicator: 123.39
From Letterkenny at Dry Arch Roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto N13/N14 and travel towards Derry City. After passing the An Grianan Hotel, Burt Chapel and a shed with a red roof on the right take the next right turn, passing between two green bollards. Follow the road around to the left and continue up the hill. The house is located on left and is easily identifiable by our distinctive For Sale Board. Latitude: 54.954723 Longitude: -7.413284 (copy into Google Maps for location / streetview).