Pier Cottage, Harbour Road, Bunbeg, Co Donegal, F92 W2W6
€220,000 - Asking Price For Sale by Private TreatyArrange a Viewing
Bunbeg Harbour dates back to the late 1830s when it was developed by Lord George Hill, in Penal times, in order to encourage fishing activity by the local Fearless Boatmen. By the 1890s Bunbeg was a thriving Harbour landing catches of Lobster, Crab, Herring and Mackerel which were transported promptly by Curragh, Horse & Cart, Raul, Steam Boat and Rail again in order to reach the restaurants of London fresh.
Today the Harbour remains busy with the growing of Oysters in the adjacent Bay and the catching of Wild Salmon on the nearby River Clady. Fishing trips are available to Tory Island (with its own traditional King. Three Spanish Armada Galleon shipwrecks lie off the Harbour which perished in a sudden storm in 1588 offering a haven for Divers. There are three Slipways in the Harbour for launching your own boat into the water, offering a useful facility for visitors and locals alike.
Bunbeg is a picturesque / unspoilt Gaeltacht area of West Donegal within easy reach of a host of sandy beaches, lake and sea fishing / angling, boating, mountaineering on Errigal and Muckish Mountains, hiking etc. etc. Golf is available nearby at Magheragallon, Cruit Island and Dunfanaghy.
Letterkenny, the principal town of County Donegal with extensive shopping facilities/amenities is situated within 50 minutes drive, whilst the extensive facilities of Derry City are within 90 minute drive, including City of Derry Airport with regular flights to/from London, Glasgow and Liverpool. Donegal Airport is within 15 minutes drive, with twice daily flights to and from Dublin Airport and flights to Glasgow.
Included / excluded in sale
The sale includes all existing floor coverings, blinds / curtains and light fittings and built-in kitchen appliances.
Additional photos and video of this property are available on our Facebook page which can be found by clicking the following link:- www.facebook.com/sherryfitzgeraldrainey
Special Features & Services
• 3 Phase Electricity benefiting from the Night-Saver tariff.
• Double glazed teak window frames.
• Telephone and Internet available, not connected.
• Storage in the loft space in the kitchen & sitting room.
• Satellite Television installed.
Originally designed as a wash room for boating with WC facilities a 20 metre hose is connected for any emergencies requiring water.
As you follow the steps upwards along the galvanized, maintenance free railings, towards the entrance to the cottage, you will pass specially selected fragrant English roses in red and yellow in bloom throughout the summer season and into late Autumn. Next to a large Palm tree there are two apple trees one of which normally produces about 80 apples. As you relax in your garden furniture you can enjoy the views over the Harbour on long balmy summer nights. Kitchen herbs and plants are also available from the garden including Blackberries later in the season.
- Kitchen / Dining Room
- 3.34m x 3.06m (10'11" x 10'0")
- Fully fitted kitchen with wall and base units. Stainless steel sink unit and drainer. Bosch oven and four burner electric touch screen hob with Belling extractor hood. Electrolux fridge freezer. Ceiling spotlights. Tiled walls between top and base units. Storage in the attic space and under the fitted bench.
- Sitting Room
- 3.42m x 3.06m (11'3" x 10'0")
- Open fireplace, ceiling spotlights with surround sound speakers in ceiling. Incorporating built-in storage cupboard, laminate floor coverings. Wired for satellite television.
- 2.33m x 1.52m (7'8" x 5')
- Bath, whb on vanity unit and wc. Fully tiled walls. Skylight. Electric
- 3.28m x 2.00m (10'9" x 6'7")
- Steps down to bedroom. Loft storage space. Electric storage heater. Ceiling spotlights.
Energy Performance Indicator: 674.94
From Letterkenny take the N56 North via Kilmacrennan. Follow the route via Glenveagh National Park, Dunlewey and onwards to Bunbeg. On arriving in Bunbeg pass the National School on the left and go straight through the crossroads which takes you directly down into the Harbour. Proceed along the Pier and Pier Cottage can be found on the right a short distance before reaching the end of the Pier.