Beechwood Cottage, Oldtown, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, W12 YK03
€395,000 - Asking Price For Sale by Private TreatyArrange a Viewing
- Built in the 1920s
- Exrends to 77m2 approximately.
- Peaceful countryside setting.
- Set on 2.8 acres approximately with 3 fenced paddocks.
- Oil fired central heating with new Grant boiler.
- Embraces many original features such as original doors and fireplaces.
- Attic recently insulated.
- 1GB fibre connectivity broadband at the property.
- South facing rear garden in lawn with gravel patio area, trees and beechwood hedging.
- All appliances included.
- Nine stables and large shed with stalls in yard..
- Just 3 minutes drive to Two Mile House with its Primary school, church, restaurant and gym.
- 10 minutes drive to the bustling town of Newbridge and 15 minutes to Naas both with a wide range of shops, schools, leisure facilities and the Arrow commuter train.
The accommodation includes hallway, kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms and bathroom.
- Entrance Hall
- 3.67m x 2.72m (12'0" x 8'11")
- The entrance hall is a recent addition as the original entry was to the other side of the cottage. It has a tiled floor. Tucked away here are the boiler and tumble dryer.
- Living Room
- 6.00m x 5.00m (19'8" x 16'5")
- The living room boasts a panelled vaulted ceiling and includes an alcove which was once the original porch. It has a fireplace and carpet floor. Two doors on either side lead to the bedrooms.
- 3.17m x 3.15m (10'5" x 10'4")
- The kitchen is of dual aspect with a window to side overlooking the paddocks and a Velux window on the wood panelled ceiling. In the corner is an original cast iron fireplace. It has lots of storage presses and open shelving and includes cooker, washing machine, fridge and freezer.
- Bedroom 1
- 4.36m x 3.13m (14'4" x 10'3")
- This double room has fitted wardrobes and shelving. It has a cast iron fireplace and carpet floor.
- 2.70m x 2.43m (8'10" x 8')
- The bathroom includes wc, whb and bath with electric shower. Hotpress off.
- Bedroom 2
- 3.17m x 2.90m (10'5" x 9'6")
- This is a cosy double bedroom to the rear with panelled ceiling and cast-iron fireplace.
- Facing the cottage it has six stables with half doors (3.6m x 3.6m each).
- Block 2
- To the left it has three stables (4.5m x 3m), (4.5m x 3m), (4.5m x 4m) and a storage shed.
- 10.00m x 4.60m (32'10" x 15'1")
- Large shed with metal door and stalls.
Energy Performance Indicator: 438.15 kWh/m²/yr
From Two Mile House follow the road to Athgarvan for 2.9km, turning right at Beechwood Farm, just after Corbally Cross. On entering the drive, take the left into the cottage yard.