Elverstown House, Elverstown, Ballymore Eustace, Co Kildare, W91 XR94
€370,000 - Guide Price For Sale by AuctionArrange a Viewing
Auction DetailsLawlor's Hotel, Naas, Co. Kildare.
23rd May 15:00
- Historic period property rich with atmosphere, built in the early 1800s and incorporating a 17th century castle.
- Secluded private location.
- Panoramic countryside views.
- Two entrances to property.
- House extends to 217m2 approximately and on a site of 3.6 acres approximately in 4 paddocks.
- Traditional stone outbuildings and courtyard.
- Original fireplaces.
- Period features such as sash windows and shutters.
- Natural gas central heating.
- Own well water supply.
- Only 8 minutes to Blessington, 6 minutes to Ballymore Eustace and 10 minutes to Naas.
- Overlooking Barretstown Castle and Estate.
This fine period home offers a charming interior, with spacious reception rooms and three double bedrooms. With many outbuildings attached, there is enormous further potential to increase the accommodation, subject to planning permission. Properties of such appeal, character and location are rare. This house offers endless potential in an idyllic setting. Viewing is highly recommended. Accommodation comprises entrance hall, living room, dining room, parlour, kitchen, back kitchen and cellar. Upstairs 3 bedrooms and bathroom.
Solicitor with carriage of sale:
Abbey Moat House
Ph: 045 899485
- Entrance Hall
- 4.2m x 1.8m (13'11" x 6'0")
- The entrance hallway features original chequered tiles, carpet stairs and understairs storage.
- Inner Hall
- 3.0m x 1.5m (9'10" x 4'11")
- Sash windows with shutters and architrave.
- Dining Room
- 3.2m x 2.8m (10'4" x 9'2")
- With carpet floor and wooden panelled ceiling, sash window with shutters.
- Living Room
- 5.3m x 4.9m (17'5" x 16'1")
- This is a generously proportioned room with windows on three sides. It features a cast iron fireplace and a wood panelled ceiling.
- 5.2m x 4.9m (17'1" x 16'2")
- The large parlour is of dual aspect. It features a traditional cream Aga, terracotta tiled floor and panelled ceiling.
- 3.7m x 2.6m (12'2" x 8'6")
- The kitchen features a painted concrete floor, fitted units, fridge and washing machine. Door to courtyard and door to cellar.
- 6.3m x 3.0m (20'10" x 9'10")
- Down a flight of stone stairs lies the cellar with vaulted ceiling and stone floor.
- Back Kitchen
- 6.1m x 4.3m (20'2" x 14'1")
- The back kitchen is part of the original house. It has a traditional open hearth, stone floor and exposed rafters. Built in beside the fire lies an original iron famine pot, used to feed the hungry of the area in 1847.
- 5.4m x 1.8m (17'7" x 5'10")
- With carpet floor.
- Right Hallway
- 3.9m x 1.2m (12'10" x 3'10")
- With wooden floor.
- Bedroom 1
- 5.3m x 5.1m (17'4" x 16'8")
- This is a large bright room of dual aspect, with views down the driveway and into the valley below. It features a cast iron and tile fireplace.
- Bedroom 2
- 4.1m x 3.1m (13'3" x 10'2")
- A double room with carpet floor and rear view
- Bedroom 3
- 5.3m x 3.5m (17'5" x 11'6")
- A bright double room of dual aspect with wooden floor.
- 3.4m x 1.9m (11'0" x 6'3")
- The bathroom includes wc, whb, bath and quadrant shower unit with thermostatic power shower. It has a tiled floor and part-tiled walls.
- Outside there are various sheds and stores ideal for extension (subject to Planning permission). The farmyard is a large concrete area with 4 span hayshed and further outbuildings.
Energy Performance Indicator: 644.31 kWh/m²/yr
From Naas- proceed out the Ballymore Eustace road and from Watch House Cross (just after The Elms) proceed 1.5km. Take a left turn onto the L6049. Proceed 2.7km to a T junction, go right and take the next left. Proceed up the hill and Elverstown House will be on your left hand side. From Blessington- take the N81 towards Baltinglass. Proceed 0.75km. At roundabout go right and then left at next roundabout. Now proceed 2km and take right turn. Proceed 1.9km and Elverstown House will be on your right hand side. Enjoy the magnificent views along this road.