Sherry FitzGerald Talbot celebrate 70 years in businessApril 26, 2017
Our firm which was established in 1946 by the late Frank Talbot traded from a small office and auction rooms to the rear of the premises at 52 Kenyon Street, Nenagh. The business focused mainly on the sale of house contents with auctions held frequently on the premises. After Frank Talbot’s death the business was taken over by his son Billy Talbot in 1952. Billy also commenced his career as a livestock salesman with Cork marts and travelled to and from whilst operating a successful Auctioneering business in Nenagh. The business back then was primarily the sale and lease of land and on an odd occasion house or business premises may have been sold. Billy retired from Cork Marts in 1978 to concentrate on his Auctioneering career in Nenagh and built a reputation second to none uniting buyers and sellers in the sale and lease of residential, commercial and agricultural properties in Nenagh and the surrounding areas. In 1994 William joined the firm having completed a National Diploma in Auctioneering, Valuation & Estate Agency in Galway Regional Technical College and a National Certificate in Agriculture in Gurteen Agricultural College. Our firm continued to grow and in 1999 Billy & William Talbot made the decision to join forces with Sherry FitzGerald Countrywide. The company now trades as Sherry FitzGerald Talbot, a decision which led to the further expansion of the company and one that enabled us to continue to offer an excellent service locally with the added advantage of national exposure via the Sherry FitzGerald network. Furthermore the support within the Sherry FitzGerald network ensured that we stay ahead in terms of marketing, technology and compliance.