Binghamstown House, Binghamstown, Belmullet, Co Mayo, F26 C9X5
€595,000 - Asking Price For Sale by Private TreatyArrange a Viewing
The main section of the house has been extensively rebuilt over recent years to a high standard with a new roof, Thermoseal windows, oil central heating, insulation, replumbing and rewiring.
Further finishing work is required including the fitting of a kitchen, flooring and internal doors.
The floor area of the refurbished section extends to approximately 175.1 sq m/1,885 sq ft. Ground floor accommodation includes a substantial open plan living room/dining room, a casual sitting room, kitchen/casual dining, utility room, shower room and boot room. On the first floor there are four double bedrooms (master bedroom with a well appointed en-suite bathroom) and a shower room.
The property is a protected structure and the outside of the building must stay as is without extensions, however, to the front of the property is an unrenovated two storey section which is also suitable for restoration. In addition, in the courtyard adjoining the house, there are the ruins of a large stone built stable block which offers further potential for renovation.
The site extends to approximately 1.58 acres which encompasses a large lawn area which has been drained and reseeded, a substantial enclosed courtyard fronted by the stable block, an original walled garden and the remains of the stone built coach house.
To the side of the property is a development site measuring approximately 0.84 acre which is for sale as a separate lot.
The property is located in Binghamstown village, an area of outstanding natural beauty 5.5 km south west of Belmullet town, on the Mullet Peninsula. The villages amenities include primary school, shop, pub, garage and church. The area has an exceptional balance of beauty, nature, history and leisure activities. Belderra Beach with a surf school is a three minute drive, the scenic Cross Loop Walk is a six minute drive and Binghamstown Harbour is a two minute drive, all three are within walking distance of the house. Elly Bay is a sheltered beach 4.5 km south of the property which is also popular for swimming and surfing.
- Open Plan Living Room/Dining Room
- 7.35m x 4.80m (24'1" x 15'9")
- Front door access, bright dual aspect room, timber and stone open fireplace, doorway to side garden, oak staircase, spotlights
- Kitchen Casual Dining
- 5.12m x 4.90m (16'10" x 16'1")
- Sitting Room
- 4.40m x 2.90m (14'5" x 9'6")
- Feature stone fireplace with solid fuel, door to front lawn and walled garden
- Back Hallway/Utility
- 2.50m x 2.20m (8'2" x 7'3")
- Shower Room
- 2.50m x 2.50m (8'2" x 8'2")
- Fully tiled wet room, shower, wc, whb, heated towel rail
- Boot Room
- 2.40m x 2.10m (7'10" x 6'11")
- Accessed from courtyard
- First Floor Landing
- 3.50m x 2.00m (11'6" x 6'7")
- Master Bedroom
- 4.80m x 3.35m (15'9" x 11')
- 2.80m x 2.25m (9'2" x 7'5")
- Dual aspect windows, fully tiled, free standing roll top bath, shower, wc, whb
- Bedroom Two
- 3.40m x 2.90m (11'2" x 9'6")
- Bedroom Three
- 3.90m x 3.50m (12'10" x 11'6")
- Bedroom Four
- 4.10m x 3.90m (13'5" x 12'10")
- Shower Room
- 2.65m x 1.50m (8'8" x 4'11")
- Tiled floor and splash backs, shower, wc, whb, heated towel rail
- 1.40m x 1.20m (4'7" x 3'11")
From the centre of Belmullet head north, pass Eurospar supermarket and turn left at crossroads, signposted An Fód Dubh (Blacksod Harbour), continue for 5km and the property is on the left opposite Binghamstown Church