6 Good Reasons Why You Should Move to Wicklow!July 11, 2018
Looking to move but not sure where to start looking? Here are 6 good reasons why you should consider Wicklow Town and its environs for your move!
- Location – We all know that life by the sea is good for your health no matter what the weather (although the sunshine definitely helps!), and there’s nothing like the country air to calm the senses. Wicklow Town is situated on a stunning length of coastline while its neighbouring villages are located amongst some of the most spectacular countryside in the country – and all approximately 50km from the Capital, linked by the M11 – making it a manageable commute from the City Centre. Regular public transport via train and bus is also available for those not wishing to drive. So, whether you’re looking for a home with sea views, or would prefer something set within the rolling hills of the “Garden of Ireland”, this location provides the perfect combination for those looking for tranquil living whilst also wanting to be close to all the action of the City!
- Value for Money – For many, house prices in the City are prohibitive, however in Wicklow Town, a budget of €285,000 plus will get you a selection of fine family homes all within walking distance of local amenities, leisure clubs and schools. Whilst demand for properties is high, there are a number of new developments both underway and planned for the coming years. And for those looking at the other end of the market, the properties on offer here offer much better value for money for buyers coming from Dublin.
(8 Brooklands, Marlton Road, Wicklow Town €285,000 – more details here)
- Amenities – Wicklow Town boasts a wide selection of local shops, supermarkets, restaurants, and pubs – catering to all your needs! And unlike its close city neighbour, Wicklow Town and its surrounds have a good choice of primary and secondary schools all future-built to cater for the growing population and thereby reducing registration pressures.
(Wicklow Educate Together National School – more details here)
- Outdoor Life – Given its prime coastal location and close proximity to the stunning Wicklow Mountains, a broad spectrum of sports and interest groups are catered for – from sailing to yoga, hill walking to kickboxing and mountain biking to rugby, football and GAA….not to mention the great range (!!) of golf clubs in the area…. You’ll find a club to suit your every need! Or if you rather do your own thing, why not pack a picnic and head to one of the stunning beaches all within easy reach. Or maybe you’d prefer to set off to the hills to discover the Glendalough Valley or Devil’s Glen woods. It’s all just waiting for you to explore!
- Events – A hard working Chamber of Commerce and proactive local club and retail community guarantees that Wicklow Town calendar of events is always a hot ticket! Notable recent events include, the Volvo Round Ireland Yacht Race, Taste of Wicklow, and Wicklow Triathlon Club’s Base2Race Harbourman Triathlon. And who could possibly forget those 2,505 record breaking women who took part in “Strip and Dip” in Magheramore Beach earlier in June – they even made the BBC World News!
(Volvo Round Ireland Yacht Race – More here)
- Quality of Life – Time and time again, you hear the phrase “Life’s too short”! Now’s your chance to make a change! Whether you choose the coastal life of Wicklow Town, Rathnew and Brittas Bay or the country village life of Ashford, Roundwood, Glenealy, Rathdrum and Avoca, you can be assured of a friendly welcome for all the family. So whether you’re looking to get involved in a vibrant community life or would rather escape from it all…. Wicklow Town and its environs is the place for you!